PEP is seeking a Senior Administrator to assist the Finance Director and Project Manager in financial control of an exciting new marine hydrogen centre development, working alongside our delivery partner, the University of Exeter.
The case for hydrogen to replace fossil fuels in the maritime sector is gathering pace, and PEP is developing a new research and testing facility in the UK for use by equipment suppliers worldwide. The Cornwall Marine Hydrogen Centre (CMHC) is a European funded project based at the University of Exeter’s Cornwall campus, dedicated to testing the marinisation of hydrogen systems for small to medium vessels.
The global maritime industry relies on oil, and has a huge challenge to decarbonise. International shipping is charged with a 40% carbon reduction by 2030, but there is also a need for change in smaller fishing vessels, ferries, and pleasure boats. A hydrogen-electric system provides a practical and lighter solution to all electric alternatives, with fast and easy refueling and much greater range. To realise these benefits with fuel cells, marinisation needs to be designed in, tested, and proven, and the newly created Cornwall Marine Hydrogen Centre will help to do just that.
The role will be part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and will include the following key responsibilities:
- To lead all project financial management activities and be responsible for control of all financial management tools, systems, and records:
- Budget control
- Purchase orders, Invoicing and Payments
- Record keeping
- To assist with the preparation of periodic reports.
- To act as the project Equality & Diversity champion.
Core skills and experience:
- Book keeping, or other financial administration experience.
- Candidates with experience of ERDF projects will be preferred.
- Job sharing will be considered for this role if required.
£28,000 – £32,000, depending on experience.
As soon as possible.
This role will be part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.